8/10/10

Debra C: Day 3 - Homework "Final Vincent Tree"

Knarley, Textured, Moving Trunk following the movement of the undulating pathway of vibrancy.

 I struggled this afternoon at my friend Deb's house with 2 questions:    - Which Chalk is what "Value?"
- When I place in my initial "Shape" should I do this in complimentary colors & let it show thru, or when I blend them will they  turn to mud? Chalk 9"x12"
I question my materials, I am uncertain how layering light upon dark will work out once I "smudge" them - loosing the "chalk stroke" seems to diminish the "Van Gogh" line appearance, so I tried not allowing the lines to show in the dock & even in the foreground pathway....hmmm, only the tree has many series of lines to create depth, I smudged the foreground shadow to also enhance the detail of the trees moving crevices in it's bark.

No comments:

Post a Comment