8/10/10

Debra C: Day 4 - Homework of Clouds

Clouds, oh delightful play, Clouds!  Chalk Pastel   6"x18"
   After Lighthouse color play, I stayed with the same elongated format and chose to play in the clouds! Ahhh, so much lightness of being, I wanted to stay & play longer, but, alas family obligations pulled me away from going too far and finishing the foreground. I will go back to this spot someday (if I can find it) and generate a foreground focus area.  The trees have a good show of perspective & distance, yet, all feels incomplete without some final touches in the foreground. Here I struggled with my Vincent voice chirping in my head to "put in some blades of grass," but I know me, excluding details and simplifying has not come easy so far this week - maybe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment