8/12/10

Debra Z - Day 5


Charcoal 18 x 6

Day 5 - Back to Carroll Rd to finish up my first painting and while I was there I worked on the charcoal above. I love charcoal! I also thought about the week and all that Nora had tried to teach us about simplifying, values, edges, etc...and decided to do a very simple painting incorporating all of those things. No rushing to finish or anticipating what the end should look like, but just really looking and slowly trying to match shape, color, etc...So the oil above is the result of that effort. This last painting looks so unfinished (it is), but it incorporates a lot of what I set out to learn.

We were a great group! I enjoyed painting and learning with all of you...Thanks.

Thank you, Nora, for a great week of wonderful instruction. I hope I get another opportunity to learn from you.











No comments:

Post a Comment